Right now, life is messy. Right now, life is hectic and full.
- Potty training two-year-olds is no easy feat.
- There are never-ending crumbs under the kitchen table no matter how often I sweep.
- Toys, clothes or shoes litter the floors of nearly every room in my home.
- My eight-year-old daughter refuses to do her homework.
- My husband requires way more attention than I’m able to give him.
- I fell off my diet 10 times this week.
Life is a mess. But it’s such a beautiful mess. One day, I’ll look back on these days and laugh and cry at the same time, remembering how incredibly blessed I am.
Maybe when they’re teenagers, maybe when they’re grown, I’ll remember these moments of our lives and I’ll see:
- The same pride in the twins eyes when they receive their high school diplomas as they have right now when they make it to the bathroom in time,
- A clean kitchen and remember how much fun we used to have around that table,
- A pristine, robot-vacuumed floor and pray for grandchildren soon,
- The creativity of a beautiful young woman of God, who sees the values in free time and enjoying life,
- Amor and I dating again, getting to know each other all over again for who we are at that time,
- In the mirror, a wise, beautiful and soulful reflection,
Sometimes the messiest moments in life are the most perfect of all.
(Written Jan 15, 2017 – Twins 2, Mica 8, Hope 7, Rain NB)
Double Talk Quote: Me to Brooks: “What do you have in your mouth?” Brooks to Me: “umm…cookies.” Me to Brooks: “Where did you get them?” Brooks to Me: “umm…my mouth.”
Bible Verse: “And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” 1 Peter 5:10
Word that has Lost its meaning: perfectionism
Relatable Lyrics: “All Of Me” by John Legend
“How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you’re crying you’re beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I’m around through every mood
‘Cause all of me Loves all of you….All your perfect imperfections”