I have 13 opened, unfinished wordpress drafts. That doesn’t include “Article / Post Ideas” draft. So why haven’t I posted in over two weeks? Well, I’ve been slammed. Here are some numbers:
- I took 4 kids on an 8 hour trip (1 way) for 3 days, 1 of whom became very sick.
- We celebrated 2 birthdays in 2 days, and have and/or will celebrate them again in a different location this month (Happy Birthday Asher and Grandma!)
- I’ve taken 2 kids to 2 hospitals in 2 days (they are both healing well, thanks for prayers)
- I have 2 new walkers! The toddler stage has begun.
- We’ve had 17 appointments over the past 2 weeks (that does NOT include play-dates).
- I’ve changed bipolar medication. The dosage has been adjusted as well. There *may* be some rapid cycling going on.
- My husband has about 15 (million)projects of his own going on, all far more important than mine. If you know him, enough said.
- My sister, Starla, who helps me tremendously, went or is going on 2 missions trips, 1 out of the country for over 1 week. (God bless her)
- Even as I type this 1 baby is banging on my computer, the other just took 4 steps (the most I’ve seen him take at one time).
- My church is “fasting” for 21 days, so I haven’t been on babycenter.com (the place I usually go online to unwind, I’ve been trying to pray more instead).
- 2 kids eat like monsters and 2 eat like birds. Mealtime is crazy. I used to have to worry about feeding myself and Mica. Now it’s 3 squares a day for 6 people.
- The twins have changed their napping schedules. Bella is down to 1 mid-day nap, but Brooks is still at 2, much shorter naps twice daily (at a different time than Bella, of course).
- I have 2 computers that 1/2 work
- I have 3 phones – a smart phone that doesn’t get service (used for calender and camera), a dumb phone that always runs out of minutes (but at least I can text) and a missing house phone.
- I have 3 brand new universal remote controls that all needed to be programmed (but praise God, I don’t have to get up to turn the tv off or be stuck watching “Paternity Court” because the babies fell asleep on me and my old dysfunctional controls wouldn’t work right)
- 12: That’s how many scissors I must own to at least be able to find 1 pair.
- 2 : That’s how many hours-worth of baby proofing I’d estimate has come completely undone in the last 10 minutes. (But that’s okay, I’ll try again later)
Double Talk Quote: “If you don’t know where something goes, put it in the pumpkin” – Mica telling Hope how to clean while she didn’t know I was listening.
Word that has Lost its meaning: baby-proof
Relatable Lyrics: “Help” by The Beatles
“When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody’s help in any way… And now my life has changed in oh so many ways, My independence seems to vanish in the haze…”
Bible Verse: “Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered…” Luke 12:7
*** Thank you Dyane Leshin-Harwood from “Birth of a New Brain” for inspiring me to write today, despite all this chaos!***
0: time left for proof-reading – sorry in advance
Comments on: "The Numbers" (5)
Well,, I’ve been married 3 times to 2 men who were both half-Wright! LOL!! BTW – house phone is in my room. I hope the other one didn’t get thrown away – I remember that it fell in the trash can at one point.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Uh-oh. (Or as Bella would say, “Uh”) Yup, that’s the missing one to which I’m referring!
Well – I thought I’d fished it out before I took the trash out. It might be about time to invest in some newer phones anyway…
I’m SO proud of you for writing!!!!!
Thanks for the sweet shout-out – you’re so kind & I love it!
WOW – after reading just the first few items on your Numbers list I became more impressed with your fortitude…..more than I ever have before, so that’s saying something.
I rename you the glorious “SUPER-DUPER MOMMY of TWINS!
Your family is in my prayers (I do pray!!!) after the hospital drama. I’m so glad everyone is on the mend. Just that one event alone would undo me. Please give yourself a ton of credit for putting one foot in front of the other as you care so lovingly and so well for your children.
Don’t hesitate a millisecond to ask for help (love the song quote!) if you can for anything big and/or small. Once again, I am truly and massively proud of you for holding things together AND for writing this post!!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the inspiration, motivation, and encouragement (I can use all I can get)! And thanks also for the prayers and super-duper awesome nick name!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person