I have 13 opened, unfinished wordpress drafts. That doesn’t include “Article / Post Ideas” draft. So why haven’t I posted in over two weeks? Well, I’ve been slammed. Here are some numbers:
- I took 4 kids on an 8 hour trip (1 way) for 3 days, 1 of whom became very sick.
- We celebrated 2 birthdays in 2 days, and have and/or will celebrate them again in a different location this month (Happy Birthday Asher and Grandma!)
- I’ve taken 2 kids to 2 hospitals in 2 days (they are both healing well, thanks for prayers)
- I have 2 new walkers! The toddler stage has begun.
- We’ve had 17 appointments over the past 2 weeks (that does NOT include play-dates).
- I’ve changed bipolar medication. The dosage has been adjusted as well. There *may* be some rapid cycling going on.
- My husband has about 15 (million)projects of his own going on, all far more important than mine. If you know him, enough said.
- My sister, Starla, who helps me tremendously, went or is going on 2 missions trips, 1 out of the country for over 1 week. (God bless her)
- Even as I type this 1 baby is banging on my computer, the other just took 4 steps (the most I’ve seen him take at one time).
- My church is “fasting” for 21 days, so I haven’t been on babycenter.com (the place I usually go online to unwind, I’ve been trying to pray more instead).
- 2 kids eat like monsters and 2 eat like birds. Mealtime is crazy. I used to have to worry about feeding myself and Mica. Now it’s 3 squares a day for 6 people.
- The twins have changed their napping schedules. Bella is down to 1 mid-day nap, but Brooks is still at 2, much shorter naps twice daily (at a different time than Bella, of course).
- I have 2 computers that 1/2 work
- I have 3 phones – a smart phone that doesn’t get service (used for calender and camera), a dumb phone that always runs out of minutes (but at least I can text) and a missing house phone.
- I have 3 brand new universal remote controls that all needed to be programmed (but praise God, I don’t have to get up to turn the tv off or be stuck watching “Paternity Court” because the babies fell asleep on me and my old dysfunctional controls wouldn’t work right)
- 12: That’s how many scissors I must own to at least be able to find 1 pair.
- 2 : That’s how many hours-worth of baby proofing I’d estimate has come completely undone in the last 10 minutes. (But that’s okay, I’ll try again later)
Double Talk Quote: “If you don’t know where something goes, put it in the pumpkin” – Mica telling Hope how to clean while she didn’t know I was listening.
Word that has Lost its meaning: baby-proof
Relatable Lyrics: “Help” by The Beatles
“When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody’s help in any way… And now my life has changed in oh so many ways, My independence seems to vanish in the haze…”
Bible Verse: “Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered…” Luke 12:7
*** Thank you Dyane Leshin-Harwood from “Birth of a New Brain” for inspiring me to write today, despite all this chaos!***
0: time left for proof-reading – sorry in advance